In our previous post we’ve laid out good practices for keeping your account information safe from fraud. But, we understand that consumer fraud is still a risk that our customers could encounter. With the growing complexity of consumer debit card fraud, we have partnered with SHAZAM to help provide us expertise on the process of quickly resolving customer fraud involving unauthorized charges.
Call 833 – 288 -1126 – Shazam Dispute Resolution Services (M-F, 8am to 5pm)
You can also call FNB Osakis at 320-859-2101 and we can help you initiate the case and take the proper procedures to cancel the card, order a new card, and help you get what you need.
How the dispute process works
As the primary cardholder, you’re responsible for filing a dispute and providing details about the transaction. Once your call is received, SHAZAM will open a claim.
SHAZAM dispute representatives will begin an investigation. Most claims are resolved within 5-10 business days. If more time is needed to investigate the claim, we’ll apply a temporary credit to the account. Estimated time frames will be provided at the time of your call.
As the dispute process continues you’ll be asked to provide supporting documents and signatures.
SHAZAM will contact you following the investigation with the final decision.
If you don’t recognize a transaction, it’s a good idea to check the following before filing a dispute:
- Did another authorized person on your account (like a spouse or child) make this transaction?
- Is this a purchase you made recently for future use, like travel plans?
- Is this an annual or monthly payment, like a magazine subscriptions, you may have forgotten?
- Did you make a charitable contribution?
When you report a dispute, the following information may be helpful to have on hand:
- If applicable, the date you contacted the merchant along with the merchant’s response and name of the person your spoke to.
- Tracking numbers, contracts, and/or service agreements, if applicable
- Date you returned item(s) or cancelled service along with cancellation/confirmation numbers, if applicable.